Me enjoying life - I don't like the virtual!

Me enjoying life - I don't like the virtual!

Wednesday 7 November 2007

Live Vs Recorded

I do feel that I have a strong feeling that there is great difference between live and recorded performance, in terms of impact, excitement and passion.

I have personally never been able to reacreate the sort of connection that I get with live actors on stage or vice vera when performing myself the electricity that comes from an audience which enevitably makes every show exciting and different, when watching recorded performances.

For me there is something very stale about watching a T.V. programme or an internet video, its old and you can turn off the switch whenever you want. In a live performance the 'actors' must work hard to keep you drawn in and at the end of the piece you feel appreciation for their visable efforts. With the 'live' every time is different, mistakes may happen or spectators reaction may put a completely different spin on events.

When you watch a performance it is you and only the others sharing that experience with you, who will ever witness that event in that exact way.
There is something special about that, isn't there?

No comments: