Me enjoying life - I don't like the virtual!

Me enjoying life - I don't like the virtual!

Thursday 17 January 2008

Final Post Ever!

I fear the time has come to type my last ever blog entry.......
In some ways I would like to say that I will keep a blog again but in all seriousness I don't think its going to happen.

Using this blog has been a steep learning curve for me and there have been times that I have enjoyed making it (mainly choosing the colours!) but I also do not feel any desire to keep one for fun.

I have myself had at times very conflicting opinions on the ideas of virtuality within performance. At times I have been thoroughly impressed and felt that I understood the use of such mediums and on reflection this seems to be mainly in the work of professional companies. Maybe this is because they really justify their uses of these mediums? To me having a purpose and intention (other than finding you own fame) has and always will the making of a valid performance. There have equally been as many times when I have been disinterested and angered by the things that virtuality and technology seems to allow. Exposure to it that I have not wanted especially in the form of the internet has simply made me hate it even more.

So........ goodbye blog, goodbye computer, goodbye mind-numbingly boring screen......

Im FREE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments: