Me enjoying life - I don't like the virtual!

Me enjoying life - I don't like the virtual!

Wednesday 14 November 2007

Hypertextualities

As a complete computer-phobe I found this theory very difficult to get my head around. I have however attempted to summise it briefly in my own words.......

Hypertextualities are froms rendered through HTML. Described as "non-sequential writing with reader controlled links" (Nelson 1992). This form allows the viewer to merge into the sphere of the art work itself and often allows them to continue and expand it. For me this seems a strange situation being part of the real and the virtual simultaneously.
Whilst being blocks of text all interlinking one another, hypertext also has no centre, you can enter and exit anywhere. I liked the idea that this gives the reader control over the outcome rather than the author.

No comments: